Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 5 - Naming and Saving Files

Saving is a very important part of working with computers. So we dedicate a lot of time to the process of saving. And a big part of that process is giving a proper name to your file. This week, the second graders were builders. As their "foreman," I asked them to create a house. The only requirement I gave them was that their house had to be the color I specified. All other aspects of the design were up to them. I asked them to build three different houses with three different colors. They had to save each one, giving each file an appropriate name. So when I asked to "review their designs" of their pink house, they should be able to find and open that file without trouble. We built some nice neighborhoods this week, But more importantly, we created a solid foundation for proper saving of computer files.